Subject: iFX8160 & PLDshell status
From: rvireday@pldote.fm.intel.com (Richard Vireday)
Date: 3 Oct 1994 16:55:10 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Since there have been a few Intel questions on this newsgroup, let
me update with the latest status.

The contract has been officially signed and closed, so as of
October 1, Altera now totally owns the Intel PLD & FPGA products.

The iFX8160 (I don't know the Altera name yet) has sampled
and shipped to a few customers already.   The first silicon
was completely functional! (we are very proud of that!)

PLDshell 4.0 Beta software is available on the Intel FTP
site through October.   This is until Altera makes the
official release available.

3 different OS versions of PLDshell are available.
ftp.intel.com:/pub/pld_fpga/software/dos/p40beta.zip  (2.6Mb)
                                    /hp700/p40beta.tar.Z (4.5Mb)
                                    /sun4.sunos/p40beta.tar.Z (4.2Mb)

If you have any questions regarding the new Altera
product line, you may call them for more information.

--Richard Vireday
Intel Corporation

Article: 251