Subject: Re: Intel vs. AMD
From: VR <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 00:15:47 +0000 (UTC)
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
emanuel stiebler <emu@> wrote:
> VR wrote:
>>
>> I have a new AMD "XP 1700+" (1.6GHz)

> Sorry, but the "XP 1700+" is clocked at 1.47 GHz ;-)

You are correct. I was also dealing with a "1900+" system which does run @
1.6GHz.

My mistake.

Thanks,
VR.

Article: 39151
Subject: Re: Linking IP
From: hamish@cloud.net.au
Date: 02 Feb 2002 06:26:07 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ray Andraka <ray@andraka.com> wrote:
> the design for the simulator to plug in for the black box.  One option, the one
> that seems the easiest, is to use the mapped output from the synthesis (in
> synplicity that is the *.vhm file).  It is about as readable as the edif, and

I had some problems with the Synplify VHDL output. Firstly if you use
any device primitives directly in your design (hard to avoid with
DCMs, RAMs etc), you need to edit the generated VHDL to specify
what library the simulation models are found in (ie add
"library unisim" to every architecture in the output code).
It'd be nice if you could tell Synplify to include some libraries
for you automatically.

Secondly it appeared to put 100 ps delay on all signals generated
inside processes etc. I guess this is to avoid race conditions but
it's a bit simplistic and I ran in to some trouble (although I
can't remember the details off the top of my head).

In comparison, it's easier (in my experience) to get code from
Xilinx NGD2VHDL working, with or without SDF annotation.

regards
Hamish