Subject: Re: Encrypted bitstream - battery lifetime problem
From: "Willem Oosthuizen" <willy@asic.co.za>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:30:09 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I suggest you use ACTEL's pro-asic plus devices. It protects your IP and
does not need a battery. It is FLASH based technology.

"JP Nicholls" <jpnicholls@pwav.com> wrote in message
> We want to use the encrypted bitstream option of a Xilinx FPGA in order
> to protect IP. However we are having trouble sourcing a suitable battery.
>
> Our product needs to have a shelf life of 10 years plus.  The customer
might
> stick the unit on a shelf in a cold dark warehouse and not use the product
for
> several years, but it must still work.  If it fails on operation that has
very
> expensive consequences for our customers - and us.
>
> Has anybody found a suitable battery for this?
>
> Are there any alternative way to encrypt the FPGA bitstream?  The
bitstream and
> any keys must not be accessible to any probes.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --
> JP Nicholls  /  jpnicholls@pwav.com
>
> Digital design engineer
>
> Powerwave UK Ltd
> Embassy House
> Queen's Avenue
> Bristol, BS8 1SB
> United Kingdom
>
> Tel:   +44 (0)117 910 5600
> Fax:   +44 (0)117 910 5601
> Web:   http://www.powerwave.com
> ___________________________________

Article: 55476
Subject: help on FPGA-programming tutorial for students
From: wolfgang@byke.com (Wolfgang Schmiesing)
Date: 9 May 2003 08:07:54 -0700
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
I am planning to write a tutorial on FPGA-programming for students.
As an excercise I would like the students to "program" a very simple
logic function using an interactive representation of an FPGA. Due to
limitited display size the graphical representation of the FPGA has to
be very simple.

Now I'm searching for detailed information about the interconnect
structure of
FPGAs using antifuses. How are the in-/output pins connected to the
relating CLBs? I haven't found anything yet. Can anyone help me?

Article: 55477