Subject: Regarding clock muxing
From: praveen.kantharajapura@gmail.com
Date: 12 Aug 2005 05:18:03 -0700

I have got two high frequency clocks , i need to select one of them,
but while muxing the output clock(one of the two high  will be gated).

Is there any way to avoid this.

Regards,
Prav

Article: 88226
Subject: Re: Welcome back Mr. Knapp
From: "Thomas Entner" <aon.912710880@aon.at>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:20:11 +0200
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Hi Antti,

I agree with you that Xilinx availability-announcements are always more or
less over-optimistic. However, I think you are bit unfair, you should not
mix "availability" with "on-stock-delivery". Many well established products
have delivery-times of several weeks, but you would not say that all these
products are not available. I can remember times, just some years ago, when
I ordered 1k-0603-resistors at Farnell and got a delivery-time of allmost a
year... (OK, you can call THAT not available... ;-)

Also I think that it would be a good idea to contact a distributor if you
want to use a brand new product. They can contact Xilinx and discuss your
need. This process will not happen when you simply look on a web-site, of
course. Also, a delivery time of 5 weeks is normally no problem for new
designs, as long as it is guaranteed. You will need this 5 weeks anyway for
design and PCB-production.

Thomas

"Antti Lukats" <antti@openchip.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)" <steve.knapp@xilinx.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Thanks.  Yes, I'm back although via Google (which has it's own
>> advantages).
>>
>> XC3S100E and XC3S500E samples are generally available today.  If you
>> are having a problem obtaining them after placing an order, please let
>> me know.
>>
>> Samples of the rest of the family are through September and October.
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>> Steven K. Knapp
>> Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc.
>> General Products Division
>> Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs
>> http://www.xilinx.com/spartan3e
>> ---------------------------------
>> The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation:  The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.
>>

> Hi Steven
>
> I just checked Xilinx web store, Spartan-3e is not there.
> When it is to be expected to be available ??
>
> What disties say I do know, they will quote standard leadtimes,
> and that means that even though you can place order today the
> actual parts will not arrive until september.
> And september was what I have forecasted all the time for availability.
>
> Nuhorizons, S3-100e, lead time 5 weeks, end of september!
> Digikey: no S3 at all
> Xilinx Online: no S3E
> Avnet: s3-100e, ENGINEERING SAMPLE ONLY ,  no stock or call, that means NO
> AVAIL, no leadtime known
>           s3-500e, ENGINEERING SAMPLE ONLY ,  no stock, that means NO
> AVAIL, no leadtime known
> Memec has been purchased by Avnet so no sense to check.
>
> So where is the general availabiluty ??
>

> Antti

Article: 88227