Subject: Re: Creating Multiple Configuration PROM File
From: "Antti Lukats" <antti@openchip.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:25:16 +0100
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
"Rob" <robnstef@frontiernet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:BZbBf.525$qg.225@news01.roc.ny...
> Antti:
>
> I went through the whole procedure, generated the mult-revision .mcs file,
> and it doesn't configure the FPGA (V2PRO).  I can program the flash
> (non-revision mode) with either of the 2 config files individulally and
> configuration works fine.
>
> I have to compress the .bit files of the 2 designs, when generating the
> multi-revision .mcx file, because two uncompressed .bit files are too big
> for the XCF16PVO48C PROM that I'm using.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Rob

there are several 'small print' need to know things about the platform
flash, check all errata and answer records. you are enabling compress in
bitgen options right? there are problems with the compress done by the
platform flash, check the platform flash /impact user guide.

sorry I dont know the direct answer. I do know there are issues, also some
issues are related to some date codes only so check all relevant materials,
if nothing helps open webcase, ie the usual path.well as WebCase support is
now done from China I doubt if that brings anything.

For me the platform flash are on DO NOT USE list. I just have worked with
them so I know something about them - like details of the programming what
is still not published (and will never be) by Xilinx. Had to reverse the
algorithm from SVF files :(