Subject: Re: Xbox , chip mod & CPLD
From: "DerekSimmons@FrontierNet.net" <DerekSimmons@FrontierNet.net>
Date: 2 Apr 2005 07:13:29 -0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
The little bit I have read about these is that the more complex ones
have two parts. The first part allows the user to interrupt the normal
booting process and choose a boot device may it be a another boot PROM,
flash memory card, or hard drive. The second part is alternative boot
PROM. They probably hacked the one on the mother and using a BIOS chip
from a motherboard with a similar chip set coded their own. Since the
XBox is based on a PC platform, compared to Game Cube and Play Station
2 it probably would be easier to create a mod for the XBox but there is
always all that nasty encryption surrounding the DVD-ROM drive.

Unless you trying to start a business I would imagine it would be
cheaper to buy one and possibly modify the mod kit.

Derek

Article: 81851