Subject: PCI, ACTEL&ALTERA,any experience?
From: "Thomas St.Pierre" <stpierre@scn.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 07:53:57 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
We´re planning to implement a PCI-target as a Bridge between the PCI-Bus
and an ASIC that controls a peripheral bus in our applications.
Redesigning the ASIC probably would be far more expensive the an
intelligent bridge.

The complexity should be around 6k so I´m thinking of using an EPF8820A.
How are Youre experiences concearning PCI-Compliance?
What about ACTEL? I´ve never heard the word PCI out of their mouth!?
Would an A1280XL serve the same purpose or is this a unfair comparison
between ACTEL and ALTERA?

Any Input is wellcome.
Thanks

Thomas St.Pierre