Subject: Re: microblaze gnu tool info ?
From: John Williams <jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:12:10 +1000
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
John Williams wrote:

I should have added :

> Muzaffer Kal wrote:
>
 >> When one gets the EDK, do you get the sources on the CD ?

No.  At least not with the current EDK release.

Subject: $4000 FPGAs
From: khimbittle@cliftonREMOVEsystems.com (Khim Bittle)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:45:37 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
hello folks ...  while tooling around the arrow site this evening
doing some price comparisons ... I noticed that altera has million
gate plus FPGA's that are priced in the $2000-4000 range , holly geeze
!! , yes I know a "good price or volume price " is certainly lower ...
but does anyone outside of perhaps the military actually buy and build
product with FPGA's that cost a couple of grand ??  just curious ...
my designs are always under such cost pressure that part prices much
over 100 bucks is difficult to use ... thanks for the enlightenment ..
KB

Article: 54002
Well, the short answer is yes they do buy them. They are perfect as a
breadboard ASIC. I take it you got a look at the published prices. If you
are serious get
a quote. I think you'll find that the quoted prices are lower. One more
thing, beat Peter
against Paul for better prices. Let them both know that you are looking at
the other
guy's devices.

"Khim Bittle" <khimbittle@cliftonREMOVEsystems.com> wrote in message
> hello folks ...  while tooling around the arrow site this evening
> doing some price comparisons ... I noticed that altera has million
> gate plus FPGA's that are priced in the $2000-4000 range , holly geeze
> !! , yes I know a "good price or volume price " is certainly lower ...
> but does anyone outside of perhaps the military actually buy and build
> product with FPGA's that cost a couple of grand ??  just curious ...
> my designs are always under such cost pressure that part prices much
> over 100 bucks is difficult to use ... thanks for the enlightenment ..
> KB

Article: 54003