Subject: Re: Altera EPC1 and Chipmaster 6000
From: Russell Magee <bigruss@cheetah.spots.ab.ca>
Date: 2 Nov 1997 04:00:02 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Ying C. <ying@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> Russell,

> What version of Max+plus II are you using to generate the pof file? I know
> in in the newester version, 8.1, the default POF file generated for 10k10,
> 10k20 and 10k30 is for EPC1441, not EPC1. You have to perform combine
> programming file to covert it to EPC1 format. Perhaps that is your
> problem?

  I will check this, that is a distinct possibility. Thanks for the info!
  (We're using version 8.0 -- haven't gotten around to installing 8.1 yet)

  -Russ

Article: 7951
Subject: Re: Questions about FPGA hardware design
From: Ho Siu Hung <eg_hsh@stu.ust.hk>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 01:52:08 +0800
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
On 31 Oct 1997, Cotton Seed wrote:
> Partially inspired by Jan Gray's site on Homebrew RISCs in FPGAs, I'd
> like to start doing FPGA-based hardware design.  But I'm not sure

What is the address of that site?

By the way, I have the following problem:
I need to download the bitstream to FPGA which is in PGA411 (maybe larger)
socket (XC4062XL).  However, I have got only a Xilinx Demo board (with
XC4003-PC84) and the XChecker cable and software.  What is the fastest way
to do this?  Here comes the problem of voltage (5V 4003, 3V XL) and socket
difference....
| Best Regards, 	  +--------+   | Campus: eg_hsh@stu.ust.hk	      |
| David Ho		  | ¦ó²Ðºµ |   |	 cshosh@cs.ust.hk	      |
| Ho Siu Hung		  +--------+   |   	                              |
| University of Science and Technology |    ICQ: 798357                       |
| Computer Engineering Year 3 (CPEG)   =======================================|