Subject: PIN/PAD files to Schematic Symbols
From: James Jackson <JJackson@bbs.endicor.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:10:31 GMT
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>
Good morning,

I hope this is not too far off topic for being asked in this forum.

How do most of the folks that use FPGA/CPLD tools create symbols for schematic
capture?

For example, if I use ACCEL EDA Schematic capture, and my engineer uses
Xilinx - or Altera for creating the logic for an FPGA with 403 pins, how am I
supposed to generate my symbol?

If you do not have an answer, then I do.

I use SymbolGen. This is a program that uses PIN or PAD files created by
Altera or Xilinx for input and creates a symbol with pin names and numbers
ready to be placed into ACCEL EDA Schematic capture.

If you are interested, you may download a demo at...

http://www.lonestar.texas.net/~joj

Thank you,

James Jackson