Subject: Re: OT:Shooting Ourselves in the Foot
From: "Reg Edwards" <g4fgq.regp@ZZZbtinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:54:09 +0000 (UTC)
Links: << >>  << T >>  << A >>

> > > Why do you think that?
> > declining productivity (30 hour week)
>
> Where do you get the idea Europeans work a 30 hr week ?

There are many millions of unemployed Europeans who work 0 hours per
week.

There are also many millions of retired and early retired Europeans
who work 0 hours per week.

But the Europeans are so wealthy, as a whole, sensibly nobody goes
hungry, without clothing or shelter, or even without small luxuries
such as a TV set, a pint of beer, a cigarette, and a free health
service   Europeans have never had it so good.

That's why Europe is so popular with half-starved immigrants.

> > Where do you get the idea Europeans work a 30 hr week ?
> >
> > Another rabid right wing bags of lies publication ?
> >
> > Graham
> >

> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/22/world/main682341.shtml
>
> 35 then. Excuse me.

You'll note that the article refers to the 35 hr week ( in France )
being effectively abolished actually.

Around 37 hrs is more typical elsewhere anyway. There's not quite the
same culture of working unpaid overtime as in the US but it does
happen here too.

Graham

Article: 95027